Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Care Package Hunt - Green Market Square

So I need to make up a FIFA World Cup kit for my aunt
up in Canada, and I want to send her some memorabilia
from South Africa, I want to get her a mascot keychain,
Vuvuzela, I think a makarapa is going to be too big, so
maybe not that, but definitely some t-shirts and a few
other bits and bobs from Cape Town.

I decided to start at Green Market Square, it's situated
in Cape Town City Centre, it's a large craft market
where you can find anything african related like masks,
material, beaded work, sculptors, various musical instruments,
like the marimba below etc.

It's a very colourful market and you can always bargain
with the vendors, it's fun if you have the time. They
make you feel like a tourist and often strike up a conversation
so they can make more sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment